Hot Stone Massage is a specialised holistic treatment that uses smooth stones gently heated in hot water for about an hour. The stones are usually black basalt, which is a volcanic rock and due to their thermal properties, they retain heat for a long period of time. It is a deep massage technique, which is becoming increasingly popular due to its beneficial effects.
The heat released slowly from the Hot Stones is very relaxing and also helps to release tension in muscles. The stones vary in size and shape and are placed on specific areas of the body, with varying amounts of pressure applied to them.
The benefits of Hot Stones Massage are immense leaving very few other massage treatments comparable to it. Used together with different techniques and oils, you will find that Hot Stones are a thoroughly unique massage experience.
The energies from the stones promote
a meditative and calm state, helping to relax the client. This also helps
with the healing effects long after the treatment is over.
• aids the circulatory, muscular and nervous systems
• stimulates arterial circulation, and increases venous and lymphatic flow
• reduces stress and can induce a feeling of euphoria
• frees knots of muscular tension and relaxes connective tissue
• stimulates the skin and underlying nerve endings
• aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products